Monday 5 May 2014

Poster EA/JB


Poster Final Draft:

There is quite a lot of change from the second draft to the last, this is because I re-edited most of the text I had already put in. By this I mean I resized the title and added coloured blocks behind it, this is why it stays vastly the same colour throughout however it still has some of the colour burn from the image behind. I added a tagline for dramatic effect, resized and recoloured the actors names to be larger and more attention grabbing. The billing block was also resized to make it bigger as most posters have a large billing block that takes up the width of the poster. I have also changed the release date to 'OUT NOW' because we do not want it to be a promotion poster we want to advertise the fact that it is already out. Personally I really like the little facebook links to our real websites we created at the lower end of our poster, finally I placed an age certification for legal purposes. 




Poster Draft 2:

In the second draft I was content with the picture, so from there I wanted to add the textual information. I started with the title which is in the font '28 days later' and has a colour burn and black outer shading, this is what gives the effect of it being branded onto her. I also added the names of our key actors as the unique selling point, the billing block and finally the release date.




Poster Draft 1:

This is the first draft of our poster for our film trailer. This is a picture of our heroine with another picture inside. This was also made in photoshop just like our magazine cover. In this picture you can see that I have cut out a picture of the evil entity against an iconic location in our film and made it fit directly in her eye. I have also applied multiple effects, mainly I have tampered with the levels of contrast and applied a 'yellowy/grey' filter which makes it look bleak.

Alternative Draft:

Here is a draft that we did not particularly like, the reasons we did not like it is because we had no filters on it which made it look very student made/fake and the blood looked way too over the top, moreover we did not have the skills to make it look professional. Although we did not like this we did use it as a base for creating the rest of our poster and took constructive criticism to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment